Dover Behavioral Health System
is accredited by
The Joint Commission
What Items are Prohibited
What items are prohibited at Dover Behavioral Health System?
- Purses or handbags of any kind
- Medications (prescription, illegal, or over the counter)
- Glass Items
- Lighters or matches
- Food and drinks
- Plastic bags, hangers
- Scissors, knives, razors, sharp objects or weapons of any kind
- Metal files, picks, nail clippers
- Any liquids containing alcohol
- Safety pins or straight pins
- Pencils with metal eraser heads or mechanical pencils
- Electronic devices, including cell phones, pagers, Ipods, cameras, computers, tape recorders, radios, hairdryers, curling/straightening irons, CDs, etc.
- Belts, suspenders, scarves, ties, shoelaces or strings in any clothing item
- Blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, towels, washcloths
- Aerosol sprays, spray bottles or canisters (including perfume or body sprays)
- Makeup in breakable containers
- Jewelry (exception: wedding rings, watches or post earrings)
- Footwear (heeled shoes or boots of any kind)
- Provocative clothing, shirts advertising drugs, alcohol, gang related
- Any items considered to be potentially dangerous by staff
Any items considered to be unsafe or valuable are to be sent home with family members.
Dover Behavioral Health System will only assume responsibility for those items deposited in the facility safe.