Both the inpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs are designed to meet the complex and unique needs of adults and adolescents who have mental health issues combined with problems related to substance abuse.
Services for patients who come to Dover Behavioral Health for Dual Diagnosis Treatment include:
- A comprehensive assessment and evaluation to assess the scope of their addiction and related mental health issues.
- Group therapy by professionals who specialize in dual diagnosis treatment
- Family sessions
- Psycho educational group activities, including videos, lectures, discussions, and workbook materials.
- Core treatment goals include an increased understanding of dual diagnosis and broader knowledge about the changes needed to promote healing and recovery.
Our team of specialists addresses:
- Disease concept
- Cross addiction
- Relapse prevention
- 12-step self-help groups
- Communication and assertiveness training
- Leisure activities and stress management
- AIDS and chemical abuse
Dual Diagnosis Treatment at Dover Behavioral Health supports the 12-step approach to treatment and includes Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous involvement. All patients who participate in the Dual Diagnosis component of treatment are strongly encouraged to attend meetings upon completion of Dover Behavioral Health program.