Dover Behavioral Health offers outpatient addiction treatment to adults at our Kent county location in Dover and our Sussex county location in Georgetown. DBH’s Outpatient Chemical Dependency Programs for Adults are provided by our dedicated, experienced staff of healthcare professionals in a positive and healing environment. We believe that chemical dependency is a highly treatable disease, and customized treatment for individuals with substance abuse problems can go a long way in helping them overcome their dependency on alcohol and/or drugs.
Two Programs to Meet Differing Levels of Care
Because the levels of care needed by individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse/chemical depedency differ, we offer two distinct outpatient treatment programs for adults.
I. Day Partial Hospitalization Program
This highly structured day program is designed for individuals transitioning from an inpatient stay for substance abuse/chemical dependency or for those requiring more support and services than those offered in a traditional outpatient setting.
Hours: 9:00am to 3:00pm – Monday through Friday
II. Evening Partial Program
This highly effective program is designed for individuals who have a stable environment and are able to receive treatment while maintaining a daily work routine. It is appropriate for individuals in which the chronic nature of their substance abuse/chemical dependency has not progressed to the extent where it requires more intensive levels of care.
Hours: 5:00pm to 9:00pm – Monday through Thursday
8:00am to 12:00pm – Saturday for the Family Session
(It is mandatory for all patients and their families to attend at least one family session)
A Comprehensive, Proven Approach to Treatment
Our chemical dependency/substance abuse treatment approach is based on knowledge about what has proven to be effective. We stay up to date on best practices and capitalize on the skills and experience of our professional healthcare team for the benefit of our patients and their families.
Treatment Program Components
- Our approach begins with a thorough, confidential assessment that guides our multidisciplinary treatment team in developing a customized treatment plan based on the individual’s specific needs. Our treatment team includes professionals from the fields of addictions, psychiatry, psychology, social work, and case management.
- Treatment plans may include medical, pharmacological, clinical, behavioral, and 12-step interventions
Because many people who come to us may be cross-addicted – that is, have two or more addictions – our program is designed to meet these needs as well. It is not unusual for this to occur, and treatment programs can effectively treat cross addictions simultaneously.
- Our treatment programs integrate the 12 Step Program, which over the years has become the most widely used approach for dealing with substance abuse and has proven to be very effective in helping people recover from addictive behaviors.
- Because we understand the importance of preventing relapses, our individualized treatment plans include prevention relapse treatment modalities that each patient is capable of carrying out.
- For treatment to be successful, it is essential to include a personalized discharge and aftercare plan that provides ongoing support. As a continuing care plan, it will address the physical, mental and social needs of each patient. Family relationship support is a key element, and referrals to 12-step meetings and outpatient programs may be made.